How to make Embossing Counterforce using 2-Part Resin Systems
Process of making Embossing Counterforces:
- First make or order in your Die. Your Die can be made using our Embossing grade photopolymer Plate or an etched, hand chiseled or a CNC engraved metal Die.
- Place a sheet of suitable oversized Release Film or Paper on the base metal plate of a vulcanizing press. If using other types of equipment then ask for additional information.
- Spray or apply Release Agent on the Die.
- Place the Die on to the Release Film or Paper.
- Dispense the 2-part resin into a mixing container, mix vigorously and if possible degas using the uEmboss Vacuum Chamber.
- Pour Embossing resin onto the Die. Ensure sufficient resin is poured, to prevent voids forming.
- Place rough sanded side of the Fibreglass Backing Board on top of the resin filled Die.
- Place sheet of suitable oversized Release Film or Paper on top of the Backing Board.
- Bring top metal plate against the Counterforce making setup and apply required pressure.
- Subject the Counterforce resin to heat at the required temperature and time.
- After the resin is cured, release pressure and wearing suitable gloves remove Die and cured Counterforce from the press.
- Once removed from the press and still hot, separate the Counterforce from the Die and trim to the required size.