A Quick Guide on How to make Embossing Counterforce using 2-Part Putty Systems
Process of making Embossing Counterforces:
- First make or order in your Die. Your Die can be made using our Embossing grade Photopolymer Plate or an etched, hand chiseled or a CNC engraved metal Die.
- Place a sheet of suitable oversized Release Film or Paper on the base metal plate of a vulcanizing press. If using other types of equipment then ask for additional information.
- Spray or apply Release Agent on the Die.
- Place the Die on to the Release Film or Paper.
- Scoop out equal amounts of Part A and Part B putty and mix properly by hand, wearing plastic gloves.
- Place a ball of mixed Embossing putty onto the Die. Ensure sufficient putty is used, so as to prevent voids forming.
- Place rough sanded side of the Fibreglass Backing Board on top of the mixed putty on the Die.
- Place sheet of suitable oversized Release Film or Paper on top of the Backing Board.
- Bring top metal plate against the Counterforce making setup and apply required pressure.
- Subject the Counterforce putty to heat at the required temperature and time.
- After the putty is cured, release pressure and wearing suitable gloves remove Die and cured Counterforce from the press.
- Once removed from the press and still hot, separate the Counterforce from the Die and trim to the required size.